There is a learning curve to sonic brushing, so every Shyn sonic toothbrush comes with a quick starter guide to help you get acclimated. We’ve also listed the basics here:
- After you wet the brush and apply toothpaste, make sure the brush is in your mouth before you turn it on so it doesn’t cause spatter or a mess.
- Angle the brush head slightly towards your gum line (45 degrees) to help bristles reach between your gums and teeth.
- Apply light pressure and move the brush head along the gum line. Let the vibrations do the brushing!
- Move the brush from tooth to tooth slowly and pause for a few seconds on each tooth, cleaning each inner, outer, and biting surface.
- Spend 30 seconds per quadrant of your mouth, 2 minutes total. The vibrations will pause to let you know when to switch.
- When 2 minutes are up, brush your tongue lightly to make sure your breath is a breath of fresh air.