The benefits and safety of activated charcoal are unproven. A 2017 statement from the American Dental Association says “there is no evidence that shows dental products with charcoal are safe or effective for your teeth.” Some dentists also advise caution regarding activated charcoal due to its abrasive qualities, which could potentially damage tooth enamel. Read more about the safety concerns around activated charcoal here.
Articles in this section
- How effective is the Shyn toothbrush?
- How does Shyn compare to a manual toothbrush?
- How does the Shyn sonic toothbrush compare to other battery-powered toothbrushes?
- How do I use Shyn and what are the proper brushing techniques?
- How long does it take to learn to brush effectively with Shyn sonic toothbrush?
- Can the Shyn sonic toothbrush and Shyn brush heads be used with braces?
- Can two people share one Shyn toothbrush handle?
- Is the Shyn toothbrush waterproof? Can I use it in the shower?
- How is the Shyn Daily Sonic Toothbrush handle powered?
- How do the intensity levels work?